Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meet the family!




Pictured above are the basics of most cloth diapering stashes (someone's "stash" refers to their diapers and anything else they may have that has to do with diapering their baby, but we'll go into all that stuff later). First picture is the Snappi , the second picture is a diaper cover called the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap, and the third picture is of what is called the "prefold" diaper.

Most people start and some stick with, this simple system. You can simply lay a prefold diaper inside a diaper cover or "wrap", and then fasten it onto your baby. Click here to see exactly what I mean. You can also fold the diaper and fasten it to your baby using the Snappi fastener - also shown in above link.

This is how I started and it worked wonderfully, but as you know I've discovered all the other wonderful diaper trends out there and had left the prefold & cover combination behind. I have recently rediscovered the prefold in a new form :) - the embellished prefold. It takes a simple, inexpensive way to diaper your baby and makes it mighty pretty. I'm currently trying to save some money to purchase some custom embellished prefolds (where I get to pick the colors and fabrics that are put on it) and I am so excited! I'll be working with a sweet mama named Stacey who you can find from the above link for embellished prefolds. I can't wait to show everyone my new diapers when they're all done!

Here is an example of some embellished prefolds that I recently purchased. The dye job on these aren't the greatest, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.


No comments: