Monday, August 8, 2011

Adventures in Practicing Patience

   

People often assume I am a very patient person.  Patience is not a inborn trait (well it may be for some,) but for me it is not.  I've had to learn it slowly; difficult situation, after difficult situation (I'm a little hard headed, just ask my mom about my teenage years!)  God has graciously taught me how to begin to learn upon him as I deal with these daily, (and often times longer) trials.  One thing I still have difficulty with is being patient with the arrival of our newest family addition! *grin*

Every pregnancy I experience at least 2 weeks, sometimes more, of what is called prodromal, or pre-labor.  As soon as this starts up, every time I have a contraction I think "is this it?!?"  I just can't help it!  I drive myself (and everyone around me too I'm sure) batty.  Well it has begun and God is in the process of teaching me yet another lesson in patience.

How do you pass the time at the end of your pregnancy or how have you in the past?  I'm in the count down now!








No comments: